Wednesday, April 12, 2023

It's a brand new day

 Finished the technical part of LaunchCode's coding boot camp, and started the next phase: Polishing up the "get a job" skills, and building a project with a group.


I've never really had to get a job before. Not that I didn't work, but that my jobs were they type you walk in, fill out an application, and start the next Monday. I didn't have a resume, interviews were a 10-15 minute conversation with the boss. Places where you are gone in 2 weeks, unable/willing to do the work, or you are there for years.

Even my first step into the corporate world was through a temp agency, so no one needed to see my resume. Just show up, prove you could do it, and keep coming back.

I spent 23 years showing up, proving I could do it, and coming back. Same job title, same small department. Eventually, I burnt out.

I am looking forward to doing something new, while still showing up, proving I can do it, and coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When dreams die

"Please write a function that reverses a string using the split and join method"  2 years ago that was a very important thing to m...